[3830] ARRLDX SSB K7ZSD M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 6 03:56:20 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7ZSD
Operator(s): K7GK, KO5D, KR7X, NC7M, W7ZB, KI7Y, K7ZS, K7AR, K7ZSD
Station: K7ZSD

Class: M/M HP
QTH: NW Oregon

   20:  842   101
   15:  236    52
   10:    4     3
-------------------
Total: 1545   269  Total Score = 1,233,903

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Well, another fun fest at Smoke Ranch, operators sitting by, waiting for your
call. I figured the food for about 2500 people, but only about 1500 stopped by,
so lots of leftovers. Weather is always a factor when having a party, and it was
no different last weekend, the sun was at an all time low. We tried our best to
talk to as many of the folks as possible, but many acted like we were not even
there. Much of the time we felt as though we were talking to ourselves, it was
like calling for the lost dog SeaQue who would not come home.

Anyway, we had a great time. Most of the ops were part time this contest, and
it was great to meet NC7M and KO5D for the first time. We look forward to
having them up again. Thank you to our ops for their generosity, providing
amplifiers, radios, voice keyers, and food for the party. We operated with only
the one tower as the second tower antennas are past their prime, soon to be
replaced. It was multi multi on a stick. Bandpass filters and stubs on the amp
outputs worked quite well. Win-Test was used for the first time with no
problems, rock solid on the network.

Thank you for all the Qs, and we will see you next year.