[3830] ARRLDX SSB W1NN SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 6 11:25:10 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: OH

  160:    0     0
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  180   110  Total Score = 59,400

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

I don't care much for phone but I wanted to help my club so I did what I could
with a low wire and rigs that didn't seem to be working right on phone.  It's
fun when you can break a pileup by calling out of synch with the hordes but
this only goes so far.  It helps a lot when the op on the other end is savy
like those at 6Y1V, 8P1A, PJ2T, etc., but in other cases it's really hard to
get through.  Phone seems to rely on brute signal strength much more than CW
and I suppose that's one big reason why I prefer CW.  Had I put in the same
hours in a CW contest, I probably would have had three or four times the number
of contacts.

73 Hal W1NN