[3830] N6RO NCCC Thursday Practice Mar 9 Z

Ken Keeler kenkeeler at jazznut.com
Fri Mar 9 01:12:46 EST 2007

N6RO   SO2R 100W  30 Min.

BAND	Q	M
160		7	2
80		12	6
40		17	8
20		2	1

TOT		38	17

SCORE	646

Activity seemed down tonight, maybe our new exchange format scared some
away (FIRST CALL-SIGN instead of NAME).  Also, going back to 100w vs. KW,
that we have used for several weeks, changed ability to attain a QSO.  I
had an 8 minute gap in QSOs  while calling Eastern stations on 80m, and
getting beat out 15 times in a row!  Called K4BAI several times in these
piles and never got the GA mult.  Same with N9NB in TX.

Tonight after the NS, it was hard to find a frequency anywhere near 3830 to
conduct the NCCC net and post-contest chat.  There is a rising interest in
moving to 3630 to avoid the pig-farmers up-band.  What do you folks think
(both NCCC and NS participants)?  Most of us are CW oriented, and your 80m
CW antenna settings should work OK on 3630.  Let us know your thots on this.

Next week the Ladder Competition starts.  See the message from N6ZFO/K3STX,
announcing the series.

Have fun in the Ladder series,
  N6RO