[3830] Commonwealth ZL4BR Open HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 11 20:09:57 EST 2007

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: ZL4BR
Operator(s): ZL4BR
Station: ZL4BR

Class: Open HP
QTH: New Plymouth

Total:  304  Total Score = 4,520

The contest was a further episode in Life at the Bottom of the World at the
Bottom of the Solar Cycle.

QSO numbers were much lower than hoped for. However the first two hours were
very good on 80 and 40 and produced a third of total contacts. The only other
good session was a run of 60 contacts on 40m, mainly Gs between 0600-0800utc.

Short path to UK on 20m just didn’t happen for me. only worked 16 Gs on 20m
LP and SP as opposed to over a 100 in past years Beru contests.

Activity from ZL and VK was best for many years, thanks I believe to the Team
contest. Total ZL/VK contacts all bands was 111, whereas total G contacts all
bands was only 101.

Most interesting call worked was VI0LET in amongst a heap of VKs on 40m. Guess
I cant claim any points for that one !

Was to great to work many of the regulars again and a quite a number of new
stations as well. Two VP8s active must be a record. My thanks to the travelers
for going to the effort of injecting a bit more exotic dx into the contest.

73, Frank ZL4BR (ZL2BR)