[3830] NA Sprint RTTY W6YX(N6DE) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 12 01:17:18 EST 2007

                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N6DE
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

   80:   15    0:10
   40:  158    2:08
   20:  115    1:42
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

This was my first RTTY Sprint.

The dupe rule in this contest requires a decidedly different strategy compared
to the SSB Sprint.  I'm not a big fan of the dupe rule, but I must admit that
it kept things busy!  My sense is that we're still not at the level of unique
callsigns we need in order to remove the dupe rule, but perhaps we will be in a
few years.

I was pleasantly surprised that almost all the operators in the RTTY Sprint
knew to QSL the contact before QSYing, and a majority had the exchange in the
right order.

I heard four mults that I didn't work.  Sometimes I tried CQing on the fringes
in hopes of picking up some casual guys in needed states, but often my CQs went
unanswered away from the core action.  Then when I called CQ back on Main
Street, I would have an instant pileup of loud guys who I had already worked 5+
times.

Maybe some day I'll try this contest with 2 radios.

Thanks for the QSOs and your patience with this new RTTY Sprint operator!

73...
-Dean - N6DE