[3830] OkQP N5L(N5UM) Rover-Unassisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 12 19:02:25 EST 2007

                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: N5L
Operator(s): N5UM
Station: N5UM/M

Class: Rover-Unassisted LP
QTH: Rover 9 counties

  160:      0        0
   80:      0        0
   40:    175       43
   20:    149      147
   15:      0        0
   10:      0        0
------------------------
Total:    324      190  Mults = 55  Total Score = 74,360

My planned full time effort turned into a part time one as my son had a soccer
game at 11AM Saturday morning in Edmond - not scheduled until the last minute.
Could not do my planned route through SE OK - just not enough time.  We hit four
nearby counties before the game (and made a few QSOs during the game from the
parking lot), then set out on our more serious rove through South-Central OK
Saturday afternoon and evening.  Only minimal operating on Sunday this year.
We had rain on Sunday morning, so camping would have been a big mess.   All my
Sunday QSOs were from the home QTH in Oklahoma County (using my ATAS100 on
apartment balcony).

Still, we had a good time again this year, and it was fun to activate N5L from
9 counties.  Congrats to the other mobiles with giant scores this year.

Managed to work a JA and several Europeans from the van, as well as VP2E.   Rig
was an IC756 (about 60W out with van engine not running) and hamsticks.  Also
had my ATAS100 on the car this time so could do quick band changes between 20
and 40.

Here's the N5L county and QSO breakdown:

	        40M	40M	20M	20M	Grand Total
County	        CW	PH	CW	PH
Canadian	16		16	23	55
Johnston	41		1	4	46
Kingfisher	17	1	8	9	35
Logan	        6	1	16	1	24
Murray	        10	23			33
Oklahoma			53	23	76
Pontotoc	27	6	5	28	66
Pottawatomie	26	3	28	25	82
Seminole	32	9	22	34	97
Grand Total	175	43	149	147	514

For those of you needing QSLs, please be patient.  I don't have cards printed
yet, but will have something soon.

73,

Al  N5UM / N5L