[3830] Rus DX SM6U(@SK6AW) SO SSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 18 13:24:14 EST 2007

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: SM6U
Operator(s): SM6U
Station: SK6AW

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: JO67AQ, Gothenburg
Operating Time (hrs): ~17

  160:   0       13      12         2
   80:   0      151      30        26
   40:   0      167      33        32
   20:   0      655      48        68
   15:   0       38      17        13
   10:   0        0       0         0
Total:   0     1024     140       141  Total Score = 1,933,561

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

TS-850s + SB220 (~900w)

Wow, what a weekend!

One rotor controller (20m) trashed due to water in the rotor cable, creating
some kind of short circuit. Along with that, water has probably leaked into the
gamma match of the 20m beam, making the SWR rise to 2.5:1, had to use a tuner
(eww) since there was no time to fix it (yes, it has rained like crazy here).
The PC I used to log qsos on fried itself and kept rebooting after 220 qso's.
Worked the rest of the afternoon on a laptop without synchronized logs. Managed
to extract and merge the logs later when 20m died wich allowed for S&P again.
QRT between 11:10 and 11:40 due to a powerful hailstorm and thunder with caused
arcing in the antenna patch panel(!)

Murphy's total cost: ~2.5 hours of QRT and lots of extra work.

My goal was to beat the old SM-Record of ~1.1M, and I should be able to make
that even if I did RX:d like a lid!

We really need to improve low-band antennas at the club. It feels like if my kW
goes into a dummyload.