[3830] Rus DX N7ZG SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 18 18:33:14 EST 2007

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: N7ZG
Operator(s): N7ZG
Station: N7ZG

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   20               6         2
   40:   39              17         1
   20:  145              39        19
Total:  204     0        62        22  Total Score = 82,152

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

My first go at this one.  I went in with low expectations given the dynamics of
this contest and where we are in the solar cycle.

Highlights:
Worked a fair amount of EU on 40M (though spotty and no EU Russia).  Worked a
new DXCC entity.  That hadn't happened in quite awhile.  Also, I ran across the
Spratly (9M4) expedition and worked them in 1 call.  I think they were just
firing up on 20(also another new one for me).  I'm at about 230 now so they are
coming slowly.  More sunspots would be helpful as well ;-).  No equipment
mishaps.  My rotator was back online.

Lowlights:
The 40M prop to Asia really sucked.  I think I worked only one Russian on this
band.  Even the JA's where weak.   Low MUF?  Was it me or did 15 not open at
all?   No 160 either.   I'll check the other postings.

Overall it was fun, especially 40 meters on Sat evening.  A good spingtime DX
contesting fix.

Thanks for the Q's
73 - Guy