[3830] VaQP W4A(W4PM) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 19 00:36:45 EST 2007

                    Virginia QSO Party

Call: W4A
Operator(s): W4PM
Station: W4PM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: HANOVER

  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  436     0       0  Mults = 94  Total Score = 82,938

These QSO Parties can get real slow especially when you operate CW only. I had a
few requests for SSB contacts but the mic was securely locked away. This year I
had a little 400W amp which almost doubled my score from previous years in
spite of little to no action on 15 meters. The 176' CF zepp played pretty well
on all bands but a YAGI on the higher bands would have been quite welcome if I
had such a thing. The special call may have helped some too but I really doubt
that.  I had high line noise this weekend so I missed a lot of weak stations I
could almost hear calling.  My ESP didn't help much.  My regrets to those who
called me and got no response.
73,
Puck, W4PM