[3830] BARTG K6GEP SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 19 01:01:00 EST 2007

                    BARTG Spring RTTY Contest

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA

   80:   34       2         10
   40:   36       3         10
   20:   50      12         14
   15:    2       2          1
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  122      19         35  Continents = 5  Total Score = 32,940

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I started out intending to be in the 6 Hour class, since I had a full schedule
of other things this weekend.  I worked 1 hour Friday night and another hour
Saturday morning, finishing around 11AM.  I ran some errands, and returned
home around 1PM.  I turned on the radio, and heard LS1D on 15m. I worked
him and WW4LL, and was proud of myself to get the mults.  A few minutes later
I realized - DOH!  I broke the 3 hour off time rule for the 6 Hour class. Oh
well.  I am a standard SOAB.

Worked a couple of new ones on RTTY - J8 and FG.

Never heard Africa.

Conditions much better on Sunday than on Saturday.  Seems like that has
always happened that way in the recent past.

Openings to JA and Europe were very week.

Still learning N1MM with the MMTTY.  There is a lot left to learn, but
it is joy to use.

Station:
FT-990 100W

Antennas:

Alpha Delta DX-CC 20 feet up as inverted vee
80 meter dipole sloped from 50 feet
40 meter inverted vee up 50 feet (last 2 hours)

Software: N1MM with MMTTY