[3830] Rus DX HA1AG SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 19 04:14:23 EST 2007

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: HA1AG
Operator(s): HA1AG
Station: HA1AG

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH:

  160:   234     63      40        50
   80:   177    118      53        52
   40:   285    265      56        68
   20:   329    577      74        80
   15:   108     26      50        21
   10:     1      1       2
Total:  1134   1050     275       271  Total Score = 9,277,086

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Rig: 2x FT1000MP,
Amps: Alpha 91B +  HM
Antennas:
160m: dipole @18m
80m: dipoles @18m
40m: dipoles (@6m and @20m, perpendicularly laid)
20m: 5 ele Yagi at 13m, inv Vee @8m)
15m: 6 ele Yagi at 17m
10m: 4 ele Yagi at 27m
SW: Wintest, worked ok, except the OBL database needs to be refreshed (YA vs
SH) . During the contest it showed a lower score than what it gave me after
reopening the log.

First, many thanks to HA3OV, HA6ND, HA6PX for eventually rebuilding the station
after the winter damage and cable thefts.

The recently installed govt basestation next to the station is turned out to be
a multiple interference source, effectively wiping out 80m and 15m SSB bands and
causing significant interference in the rest of those bands and on 20m. It is
well-reflected in the QSO numbers there.

I am satisfied with the OBL mults and was very happy to get 80 on 20m. It could
have been 82 if I could work R1ANF and UA1TBK.

This year I could not really get a real runs, just short sprints. Sometimes the
pileup with a rate of 200-250 simply stopped after 10-20 mins.

Having the ad hoc installed high-angle antennas really paid off, especially for
RX.

Congrats to RA3AUU, DL6FBL, OE4A, OM3LA and UP0L for their great score.

73! zoli ha1ag

ps: QSO number are without dupes