[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Mar 23 07:10:23 EST 2007

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Mar 23

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0:28

  160:   0      0
   80:  15     10
   40:  25     15
   20:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  40     20  Total Score = 800

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100 watts, zepp, dipole, inverted vee.  W7OM was strong on 20 about 15
minutes before 0230Z, but I neard no NS stations on that band after the event
started. I was looking for KU8E at 0230Z on 20, but was called by a
non-contester, W7FFF, causing me to get a two minue late start and the first
QSO was on 40.  40 was shorter than it has been lately and I was able to work
stations as close in as Texas, Kansas, Wisconsin, and New York with good
signals.  I heard and called N4OGW in MS and N4AF in NC, but was beat out by
stations who had good skip to them.  Signals on 40 were generally good.  80 was
a bit noisy, but signals were good, including most from the west coast.  They
mostly worked each other, but I did get through to N6RO, K7NV, and K6UFO.  I
couldn't find the NCCC score reporting net.  Did it move to 3630?  Hope to work
all of you in the CQ WPX SSB contest this weekend.  I will miss the Ladder next
week due to a dinner I will attend in Atlanta that night.  73, John, K4BAI.