[3830] WPX SSB LT1F M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Mar 30 22:41:14 EST 2007

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: LT1F
Operator(s): LU1AEE, LU1FAM, LU1FKR, LU4DX, LU5DX, LU8ADX
Station: LT1F

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Rosario

   20: 1398
   15: 2169

Club: LUCG

Comments:

Rigs: IC-775DSP (LU1FKR), IC-765 (LU1FKR), IC-775DSP with Inrad roffing filters
(LU4DX)
Amps: Drake L4B (LU1FKR), Ameritron AL-1200 @ 1000 W (LU8ADX).
Antennas:
28: 6/6 el yagi (not in stack)
21: 6/6 el yagi (stackable)
14: 5 el yagi / 4 el yagi (not in stack)
7 : 3 el yagi KLM type
3.5: 2 el Delta loop aimed at USA (LU1FKR/LU5DX)
RX: 600 Ft bev straight North

Coaxial Stubs at the output of the array soulition 6 pack.
Logging Soft: N1MM - 2 Pc networked via ethernet.

Remarks: We really had a great time during WPX SSB. No equipment failures, no
antenna issues, no interstation interference.
Just Qs, B-B-Q, pizza and fun! Propagation was tough, specially during Sunday.
3300 Qs at halfmark, but only 1500 during the second day.
The Delta loop was erected on Saturday it took 10 hours of work to get the
performance we wanted. We tested it on Sunday
morning and made 40 + Qs search & pounce, all the reports were really good.
Everybody getting our callsign at the first
shot. Altough the QRN level was high the was no need for the beverage.
CU in WPX CW!

THE LT1F Bad Boys: LU1FKR, LU1FAM, LU1AEE, LU4DX, LU5DX, LU8ADX