[3830] WPX SSB 8P1A(W2SC) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Mar 31 12:41:12 EST 2007

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: 8P1A
Operator(s): W2SC
Station: 8P1A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Barbados

   20: 2988
   15: 1099

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

No meters like 20 meters

Raging line noise, blank display on one TS-850, and the worst propagation I
have seen from 8P, but still had some fun moments.  Thanks to K2RD for lending
me his MFJ noise elimination boxes.  They worked surprisingly well, but took
away a lot of flexibility.

Had fun on Sunday.  When running the US, a station came on and said “There is
a Pakistan station on frequency.”  Certainly this was due to a broken AP1A
spot.  (I once wore an AP1A call sign badge at Dayton).  Not to pass the
opportunity, I said “Wow, I need Pakistan.  Please standby for the Pakistan
station.”  I could hear several station laughing and breaking VOX on
frequency.  I chuckled about that for a few hours.

Thanks to everyone for the QSO's.

Great to see all the new callsigns on HF

QSL via NN1N

73, Tom W2SC