[3830] NCCC Sprint W0BH LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri May 4 12:29:41 EDT 2007

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 4

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:  14      9
   40:  15     11
   20:  19      6
-------------------
Total:  48     26  Total Score = 1,248

Same Qs as last week but fewer mults because I was having too much fun on 20 ..
enjoyed bouncing back and forth with the CA gang and the east coast. 40, 80,
and 160 were noisy but good propagation. Waited too long to go to 160 and when
I did I called Mike, W9RE, on the wrong antenna which threw off the nice rhythm
I had going (only an NSer would understand that one!). And Ken, I did call you
on 80 but someone else won. Great fun as always.

I heard several trying "early ack" this evening but listening from my end, it
usually sounded like two stations transmitting on top of each other. I'm going
to try something during SNS next week and if it works and some of you make use
of it, I'll try it during NS, too. After I answer your CQ NS, I'll start the
exchange and pause for a very short time after sending the number : N6RO W0BH
20 (pause) BOB KS W0BH. I'll listen for your dit dit during the pause and won't
expect you again at the end. Of course the first time we work for the evening, I
either won't use the pause or won't expect you to early ack since you haven't
officially copied my info yet (besides, I might be in NE!). The dit dit during
the pause will also be another clue who's on deck. I tried the pause a couple
of times this evening to play with the timing but of course no one knew what I
was doing. I also won't pause on the second Q of a couplet. Just an experiment
.. I'm sure there are all kinds of reasons why this won't work!

73, Bob, w0bh