[3830] NewEngQP N1DC Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 6 21:06:32 EDT 2007

                    New England QSO Party

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Braintree MA

   80:     78        6
   40:    140        0
   20:    235        3
   15:      0        1
   10:      0        0
------------------------
Total:    453       10  Mults = 70  Total Score = 64,120

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This is one of my favorite contests. Thanks to the organizers and supporters for
another great event.

My goal this year was to defend my 2006 MA low power title from my home station
in MA (Norfolk County). Not sure if this score will hold up, but I was happy to
exceed last year's total by almost 8K points. 20 and 40 were the best bands
here and produced the most multipliers. Didn't hear many NE mobiles compared to
prior years. I worked everyone I heard with only two exceptions.

QSO stats:  47 states (missed ND, AK and HI), 4 provinces, 19 countries

I was pleasantly surprised by many DX stations answering my CQ. Thanks !

My 20 year old Ten Tec Paragon is showing its age. The PLL will not lock
reliably above 21MhZ limiting me to 80,40 and 20. I managed to get one 15M SSB
QSO after a QSY request from N4PN. I rolled the dice and was surprised it
worked.

Station:  Ten Tec Paragon  80W, 4 element HyGain tribander @ 30 ft,
80/40 dipoles, Dell PC running CT

Thanks to all for the many QSO's.

73  Rick   N1DC  Braintree MA  (Norfolk County)