[3830] 7QP K7RL Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 7 02:06:53 EDT 2007

                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WAISL

  160:    1
   80:   44      10
   40:  114      43
--------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Great activity from 7 land with many active counties, including an abundance of
Arizona and Utah stations -- great turn-out there.  Idaho stations were scarce,
but it may have been a lack of skip to that area.

Conditions:

Wow, the atmospheric noise was horrendous here!  Steady S7 QRN with S9 crashes
pounded 20m all day.  Unfortunately, there was no escape; the quiet, wide open
spaces of 10m and 15m just didn’t have enough activity.  I had hoped the
noise would eventually dissipate, but it was relentless well into the evening,
and proved significantly worse on 40m and 80m with +20 QRN, and crashes to +30.

I apologize to the stations I simply couldn’t pull out, or to those that
required multiple repeats.  If it wasn’t a static crash making copy tough,
then it was deep QSB.  Thank you to those that hung-in to complete the QSO.

Congratulations on the upgrade!

Great to work all those new 2X3 calls on HF!  Glad to see so many have
discovered contesting!  It really made a noticeable difference in the SSB
activity level.  I eventually hope this new group of upgrades will discover the
fun and challenge of CW too.

Thank you to the organizers for their work in creating another fun 7QP
Saturday.  As always, thanks to everyone for the Qs!  And congratulations to
Dave, K6LL on another fine 7QP performance.

73 de Mitch, K7RL