[3830] InQP N9P(@AK9F) Multi-Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue May 8 16:06:35 EDT 2007

                    Indiana QSO Party

Call: N9P
Operator(s): AK9F, K9NR
Station: AK9F

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: Perry County

  160:
   80:   80     36
   40:   87    131
   20:   49     17
--------------------
Total:  216    183  CW Mults = 65  Ph Mults = 67  Total Score = 81,312

We had a great time this year handing out the Special Event call N9P.  A number
of stations got tripped up on the three letters and requested repeats, but
after awhile got used to it.  There were also several "7-land" three letter
calls around the bands.

Things here got off to a slow start with very high noise to the East, which
limited us to our 20 meter wire beam pointing West.  Unfortunately, S-9 noise
on 40 meters rendered the band nearly unusable until around 4 PM.  I'm sure we
missed many of the mobiles because we just couldn't hear them.  When the noise
finally diminished we tried to play catch-up but fell over 100 Q's short of our
2006 score.

All in all, a lot of fun, but sure wish there was more activity from fixed
stations. As active as we were, I was surprised that we never heard N9I and
W9KT.