[3830] Volta RTTY KG4IGC SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed May 16 06:58:43 EDT 2007

                    Volta RTTY DX Contest

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Summerville,SC

   80:    5    50     1
   40:   64   631    15
   20:  111  1205    22
   15:    6    13     0
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  186  1899    38  Total Score = 25,784,622

Club: Low Country Contest Club

Comments:

First time in the Volta contest, was kinda disapointed in the band conditions
which were up and down all day. Used the Yaesu Mark V Field, 100 watts, and a
new antenna that I spent most of Friday afternoon setting up. I previously had
3 extended double zepps pointed in 3 differant directions, but one by one, they
were blown down by wind storms in the area. I decided to put two of the zepps
into a lazy H configuration and have to say, I am very happy with the results.
The third zepp is currently in an inverted V configuration pointed to Europe,
but that might change to another lazy h. This was a very enjoyable contest,
many TNX to the ops who were patient enough to resend my report 3 or 4 times
due to QSB or QRM! Being that this was my first time in this test, I thought
that I would learn from my mistakes of previous contests and actually read the
rules which is a practice that I normally do not do. Durring the contest, I
noticed that there were allot of stations from my call area wanting to make
contact with me. Did this happen to anyone else? I'm sure that it did.
Unfortunatly, these counted as zero points. I would like to suggest that in the
future, everyone take the time to puruse the rules before the test, this way
there will not be wasted time trying to make the contact with just anyone, but
perhaps with the mulipliers :) Best 73s to all and see you next contest!

Cheers and 73,
Frank KG4IGC