[3830] ManMin AA CW VE6CNU SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 21 01:05:16 EDT 2007

                    Manchester Mineira All America CW Contest

Call: VE6CNU
Operator(s): VE6CNU
Station: VE6CNU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Calgary

   80:   1       1
   40:  18       6
   20:  47       7
   15:  18      12
   10:
----------------------
Total:  84      26  Total Score = 6,110

Club: Alberta Clippers

Comments:

I wasn't planning on doing this contest, but when I heard a few South American
stations coming through on 40m Saturday night, I thought I'd try it for a
little while.  I even managed to work PX2W on 80m (my only contact), as well as
on 40, 20, and 15.  We tried 10m on Sunday afternoon but that was wishful
thinking.  Band conditions were certainly far from optimal, but it was fun
nevertheless.  Being the long weekend where it's time to plant seeds in
Calgary, I also had to do my gardening chores.  (May 24 is when we feel like it
won't snow any more this season.) Right on cue, Sunday evening, we got a big
hail storm, torrential rains, and the first thunderstorm of the year.  Good
thing I had just finished my gardening and working the last hour of the
contest, as I disconnected everything in case of a lightning strike.  Next year
I hope to be able to do more time in the contest and thanks to all those who
came back to me!

73,

Jerry
VE6CNU