[3830] WPX CW VC2M(VE2TZT) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 27 23:05:32 EDT 2007

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VC2M
Operator(s): VE2TZT
Station: VE2TZT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Montreal

   20: 1146

Club: Contest Groupe du Quebec

Comments:

The use of a special call sign was a real help, several callers sent me a 001 or
around.
My first contest with a decent antenna for every band (3el for 20m and over, 2
el for 40 , 2 el wire delta for 80m, 1 el vertical for 160m).
I have found that propagation was really execrable during the first night.
Monitoring  NA on Thunderstorm.vaisala.com, all the weekend, I often had a
though for you guys who were underneath that and were trying to listen
something. Saturday evening and night were better and Sunday poor.
In Any case, it was a very pleasant and exciting contest, even if nothing was
obvious and if there were many disappointing moments.
Thank you for your calls and sorry for those I was not able to copy.

73, Gilles