[3830] WPX CW AK1W(K5ZD) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 28 00:45:58 EDT 2007

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: AK1W
Operator(s): K5ZD
Station: K5ZD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: W1

Total:  836  Prefixes = 444  Total Score = 1,063,380

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Busy days at work left me without enough sleep to do the first night. Operated
on and off on Saturday.  Visit to the inlaws on Sunday so went to bed Sat night
when I made it past 1 Meg.  Limited time, but fun as always.

With conditions the way they were, it was almost like two separate contests
going on.  There was an EU QSO Party and an NA QSO Party.  Only at a few times
of the day did the two mix!

15m was open to Europe, sometimes with good signals, but it was late in the day
and I think most guys had given up on it opening.  So no activity.  Remember,
this is a summer time contest so high bands are better at night!

Did a lot of S&P to give guys the AK1 multiplier.