[3830] WPX CW NS4T SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 28 08:27:57 EDT 2007

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NS4T
Operator(s): NS4T
Station: NS4T

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SC

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to all. Still working on both code speed and finger coordination. Only
2nd time using N1MM in cw contest so I appreciate everyone's patience.

20 yrs ago I used to be 40+ WPM before went to mostly SSB. Now started this
contest barely at 20. By the end of it I seemed to be copying 30 fine and had
the feel of the program enough to try a few runs. I'm sure I've a ton of
mistakes but submitting log anyway to try and see what my common errors are.
Sorry if that causes problems for anyone. I did slow CQ's down to 18 wpm a few
times and picked up several dozen contacts with what I imagine by the
uncertainty and low exchange numbers were newer contesters. Made me feel good
and didn't hurt me since I wasn't trying to be competitive. Hope they were
encouraged to continue.

What a difference on 40 meters between a 1/4 wave elevated vertical and a 272
ft horizontal loop 25 ft up. Cycled CQ's between them and helped keep rate up.
Had a few people try to move on freq since they couldn't hear me when on the
other antenna. I can cover quite a bit of territory between those two
antenna's.

Rigs these days make zero beating pretty easy and I had a heck of a time
copying multiple calls all on the same frequency. How do you experienced guys
do it? Practice, practice, practice I'd guess. Anyway, I've a new appreciation
for the higher scores.

73's.

NS4T