[3830] CQWW SSB PJ4E(@K2NG) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 1 08:58:39 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: PJ4E
Operator(s): K6AM, N0VD, W0CN, WK4Y, WA4PGM, WZ8P, PA3CNX
Station: K2NG

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Bonaire

  160:   181    12       28
   80:   764    21       68
   40:  1900    31      110
   20:  2766    35      132
   15:  3402    31      130
   10:  1226    21       64
-------------------------------

It's amazing how fast a year goes by and CQWW kicks off contest season again for
everyone. I started my planning right after our operation in 2006. Many
operators expressed their interest in joining the team for 2007 and I
appreciate everyone who emailed in asking.

PJ4 - Bonaire is a small island located about 50 miles North off the coast of
Venezuela and is apart of what is called the "ABC Island" of Aruba, Bonaire,
and Curacao. Population is around 15,000 people; tourism, diving, snorkeling,
wind surfing, and salt make up most of the economy for the island. Averages
high temperatures are around 87 degrees with lows in mid-70's. Beautiful blue
water and not usually threaten by hurricanes the ABC islands are a very popular
vacation spot for many.

Team PJ4E this year consisted of K6AM, N0VD, W0CN, WK4Y, WA4PGM, WZ8P, and
local PA3CNX(soon PJ4NX). All seasoned operators and most operating from many
places all the world.

K6AM - John traveled directly to Bonaire and everyone met him for is arrival.
John came loaded for bear with several cases for goodies. When it comes to
building switching audio antenna voice keying do hickies John has quite a few
that work well. He's also a frequent traveler when it comes to contesting.

N0VD - Kelly a return op from last year and now soon to be resident was a
pleasure to have on the team again. He also had video audio laptop recording
thinga ma bobbs that soon hopefully will turn out to be a small video of the
trip. You can see more about him at: http://www.dxcentral.com/

W0CN - Dan met Roy and I at the Miami airport it was funny when we arrived the
departure terminal and looked for him and not having met before was unsure what
each may look like so I called him on my cell phone only to find out we were
less than 10 feet away to begin with!!!! Dan is active Air Force and has
traveled to many rare places are the world. From MIA we flew to Curacao, here
we would stay for 3 nights at Sunset Waters and visiting Geoff and Cindy Howard
at Signal Point(PJ2T). Dan made close to 2000 Qso's as PJ2/W0CN during that
time.

WK4Y - Roy had the trip of a lifetime for his first contest expedition. We've
operated together for many years at W4MYA's and while mobile during the VA QSO
Parties. He was eager to run and did and excellent job filling the logs from
both PJ2 and PJ4.

WA4PGM - Thank you everyone for the contacts it's you who make the contest
without your participation CQWW wouldn't be one of the best. This was my second
year as PJ4E and it keeps getting better. Each year our 3 night trip to Curacao
is always a special treat when we're able to visit Geoff and Cindy. Your
hospitality is appreciated by everyone!!!!!!!!!! Everyone enjoyed operated from
the famous "Signal Point". When I read your score on 3830 I was very
disappointed to see you guys having so much trouble. We've emailed many times
about going head to head as Multi-2 and was happy to hear your team was
deciding to give it a go. It was unfortunately for both us as the low band
noise was extremely bad due the to the fact of storms in Curacao and Venezuela.
I'm sure the Tropical Depression wasn't helping either so my apologizes to
everyone who called and called. Believe me we tried and installed 2 beverages
plus a K9AY rx array, when it's 20 to 30 over 9 don't look for a fun night. I
was one of the operators Saturday night so I had my ears tortured. Around
1:30AM Sunday I decided to switch to 20 meters and found the band wide open to
the Middle East, Asia, Europe and picked up many multipliers and zones.
Quickly, SV, SV9, A7, 9N, 9M2, 5H, 7X, A6, and others were in the log. We
hardly had any problems that wasn't quickly resolved, the network performed
great(thanks N1MM). Plans are already in the works to operate PJ4E next year.
Logs will be uploaded to eQSL and LOTW, QSL PJ4E via WA4PGM with SASE or SAE
and $1 if you prefer direct.

WZ8P - Everett arrived CUR on Sunday and Geoff and I met him outside. He's been
to many places like J68, HK0, VP2E, and had many stories to share. Lots of
energy and was outstanding operator, he even worked a 5, 7, and 11 year old
operators. Everett had a fun time on trip except the when his flight Miami to
Columbus, Ohio was canceled. He finally made it home on Wednesday morning with
no luggage! See: http://wz8p.com/ for more about him.

PA3CNX - Peter soon to be PJ4NX is now a resident from Holland and his
knowledge of the island certainly helped us in many ways. He been active on the
many bands HF to UHF even EME and soon will be building a new house and station
so look for his signal only to get stronger. Thank you my friend for
everything!!!!!!!!

See ya next year!!
73,
Kyle

Clubs:
W0CN - Florida Contest Group (FCG)
WK4Y & WA4PGM - Potomac Valley Radio Club (PVRC)
WZ8P - Mad River Radio Club (MRRC)
N0VD - Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado (GMCC)
K6AM - Southern California Contest Club (SCCC)