[3830] SS CW VO1HE Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 4 20:47:17 EST 2007

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VO1HE
Operator(s): VO1HE
Station: VO1HE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: The Rock

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

I started out to see if I could get 80/80 but got bored after I got the first 60
fairly fast so I started working all I could hear (and who would respond). Only
bands I could really work were 80 and 20. 15 never really opened that well. My
40M antenna is out of action for a while and that made a bit of difference for
the early evening time.

Not sure how many other VO1s were on but I heard VO1SA, VO1HP, VO1MP and VO1TA
so I think we were well represented.

Missed the sweep again this year. Oddly enough, I missed a couple of relatively
easy ones, such as KY, EWA and QC. I heard a KH7 work another station but
couldn't track him down as he tuned around.

SSB should be better and there will be a few more VOs on.

CU in the next one.

73 -- Paul VO1HE