[3830] SS CW K4TD Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 4 23:25:08 EST 2007

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K4TD
Operator(s): K4TD, VE7ZO, KY4F
Station: K4TD

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: EM64pr

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

This year we added partner mode for the run station, which worked well.  In
addition, we reconfigured the station antennas to allow us to beam in two
directions simultaneously, which was also of significant benefit.  Things
started off at a great pace; we found ourselves well ahead of our previous
year's statistics until right after sunset on Saturday.  This "slowdown"
persisted all evening, and when we shut down for the night we were 60 QSO's
behind last year's numbers.  The situation slowly rectified itself during the
day on Sunday, and we managed to finish this year with a modest improvement
over last year's numbers (if we get to keep them...).  In addition, we had
loads of fun, and that's the main objective anyway...  Now we're off to enjoy a
bottle of Scotch after the end of the contest...  ;-)

73,

Rick, Jim & Doug
K4TD, VE7ZO & KY4F