[3830] SS CW VE6CNU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 5 00:25:25 EST 2007

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE6CNU
Operator(s): VE6CNU
Station: VE6CNU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Calgary

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Where was Quebec?  I didn't hear a single VE2, let alone work one.   It wasn't
propagation, as I worked a lot of stations across the border in NH, ME, etc.
Anyway, conditions were much better than expected and I had some very nice
runs.  Unfortunatley, one of my more productive runs was broken up due to
family responsibilities, but that's how it goes.

It's too bad they don't let you work stations twice as towards the end I got
calls from tons of dupes.  Still, this contest was a lot of fun and I know my
CW sure improved along the way.  After a while, 28 wpm seemed slow.

I must confess, that I did get burnt out.  With about 1 hour to go I pulled the
plug as I searched 80m for new ones.  Not finding any, and with 40m dying, I
decided that enough was enough.  I doubt I would make more than 2 or 3 QSOs in
that last hour, so I did my laundry.

Hope to see you all in the next one.

Jerry
VE6CNU