[3830] SS CW WP3R(KE3Q) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 5 08:02:34 EST 2007

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WP3R
Operator(s): KE3Q
Station: WA3FET/KP4

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Arecibo, Puerto Rico

No excuses!  Congratulations to the top scorers.  You finally did it I think!
You beat it out of me.  hihi.  It just goes to show...never mind.  Maybe I can
win the Puerto Rico certificate.  Nice to hear you on, Felipe -- no worries
about where I was going to find a P.R. QSO this time.  I've been watching the
"you've gotta work me to get the sweep funnel" slipping away in recent years.

A couple forced off times early didn't help, which put all the contenders 100
QSOs ahead at that point.  Lots of demands from my clients during the weekend
didn't help, but I adjusted and made the best of it.  Usually my weekends are
free, once I get past Friday night.

80M sounded really good.  I think the most I've ever done on 80 in SS CW is 22
QSOs, but that might have been different this year, but our 80M antenna that
tested good earlier, what with swapping coaxes during critical repairs of 20
and 15, somehow something got messed up and I didn't have 80 after all.  Oh
well.

And good news for all contesters...as per N2IC's SS writeup from last year, you
too can have a superstation -- just get a single 60-foot tower and put two Yagis
on it.  Perhaps Steve meant "super QTH."  And, from driving back and forth to
Dayton with "that wag," WM3O and yukking it up over the contest banquet and
mirror ball and the FB presenter and our hypothetical "sorry I couldn't be
there in person video," "It ain't a superstation if it don't have a mirror
ball!"  (WM3O found them at Kohl's for $3 if you didn't get yours yet.)

Congratulations, guys!  I know I can look forward to many, many years of coming
in someplace other than first!  hihi.  Bye-bye, first place...it was fun while
it lasted...