[3830] SS CW K3KU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 5 17:15:57 EST 2007

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Heavy family obligations these days, but family knows how much fun I have in SS
CW, so I managed to patch together a half-time operation.  Seven operating
segments, length ranging from 0:17 to 3:27.  My QSO/band breakdown is distorted
because I could not be on during my usual 40M prime times, and also because of
what seemed to be unusual condx.  Unusual condx? I was getting answers to CQs
on 80, where I usually get beaten down.  And I have not done any analysis, but
I feel like I did not work the usual hordes of Ohio thru Missouri people.

Worked on calling CQ more and on improving S&P efficiency, and on copying and
typing more accurately (LCR last year was horrible!).  CQing was rewarded with
ND, which I have missed the past few years.  Could not bust thru for the KL7,
even tho I heard him early.  Heard a KH6 and VO1MP S&P, but could not raise
them.  Never heard NT or NE.

Maybe family things will be better next year.  HPE CU SS CW 2008

73, Art K3KU