[3830] SS CW K6DBG SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 6 13:40:59 EST 2007

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6DBG
Operator(s): K6DBG
Station: K6DBG

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Palo Alto, CA
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

First attempt at SS, first time using N1MM to key. Didn't get started until late
Saturday evening, and stuck around on 80m until just before the DST time change.
Also the first time using two antennas - my trusty 6BTV and a new shortened
Windom. Both need retuning on 80, which is always amusing - but I had a great
deal of luck switching between them to work the skip as needed.

Good fun. I had a semi-goal of 200 Qs, but beating my old number of 102 (for a
full weekend) was good enough. Next time I'll pay more attention to going for a
sweep, though I'm not sure I can pull it off with my setup.