[3830] WAE RTTY N1MGO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 12 12:28:04 EST 2007

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N1MGO
Operator(s): N1MGO
Station: N1MGO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MA

   80:   82   82          64
   40:   86   86    20    81
   20:  215  215   159   102
   15:   50   50    60    44
   10:    0    0     0     0
------------------------------
Total:  433  433   239   291  Total Score = 195,552

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Great contest!   First time I have run in a while with SO2R.  WriteLog would not
auto CQ, rebooted- no joy - reinstalled version 10.63H - works fine, WHY?
Never had this many problems with WriteLog before, now it finished the contest
fine.  Then the second radio was keying up when the first radio keyed, traced
that to RF getting into the serial cable to the interface box, which is home
brew, for the PTT/CW and sound card interface. Some ferrite on the cables fixed
that, then I had to try to remember how to send and rx QTC's.  Finally got smart
and looked at AA5AU's site, his message example for the WAE contest has a good
description of how to do QTC's.  Other than that I had a great time, with lots
of good contacts!
So, amp quit working, rf into the control circuits, software did not want to
work, and the operator forgot how to do the contest, I had a GREAT time! And
learned some things all over again, and still had fun and heard some new calls
on RTTY, even some passing QTC's that I had not seen in previous contests.

Over all a great contest, thanks to the organizers and the many stations that
put up with my weak signal.

IC-7000, IC-756P2, Wire Antennas in trees, WriteLog-MMTTY and one computer,
great setup for SO2R, except for the antennas.

Gordon - N1MGO