[3830] CQWW SSB KG4IGC SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Nov 16 18:39:38 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Summerville, SC

  160:    2     1        1
   80:    6     4        4
   40:    7     3        3
   20:   30     9       15
   15:   38    12       25
   10:   18     7        8

Club: Low Country Contest Club

Comments:

Despite the good conditions for the contest, it was vey challanging to run QRP
in this one. I mostly did search and pounce which worked out much better than
trying to yell into the mic for hours on end with no results. Tried a new
stealth vertical wire antenna made out of enamaled wire with 18 1/4 wave
radials for twenty as an experiment. Just wanted to see how it would work.  I
was very pleased in its performance in the test, made lots of contacts running
5 watts PEP throughout North and South America and the Carribean. Unfortunatly,
no contacts into EU with the vertical using QRP. I feel that if I was running
100 watts, the results would have been much better. Rig used was the Yaesu 1KMP
FD, antennas used was everything in the arsonal, whatever worked at the time.
For the amount of time that I spent in the contest, I feel that I did very well
and look forward to next year. Many TNX for all who listened and gave me Q's see
you next test!