[3830] SS SSB W7WHY SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 18 21:44:48 EST 2007

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY + PACKET
Station: W7WHY

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: OR

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Man, my ears are still ringing.  This SSB stuff drives me nuts :-)

I have come to realize what kind of special talent it takes to run stations on
SSB.  I listen to some of these guys with Q counts over 2000 and am amazed!  To
me it is a lot easier to do this on CW.

Saturday afternoon ar 3:30 local time I was working the east coast on 40.
Forty meters sounded like 20 meters and I though it was going to be a good
night.  But the band went long and a lot of these stations just disappeared
later in the evening.  Same on 80.  It was good early, but kinda petered out
later on.

Thanks for the Q's and see you in the CQWW CW nxet weekend.  Hope everyone pigs
out on turkey and pumpkin pie and has a great Thanksgiving.  73
Tom W7WHY

Radio 1  TS-450SAT + SB-200 ~ 500 watts
Radio 2  TS-450SAT

80 meter dipole, 40 meter vertical, 20 meter monobander, 15 meter dipole.

N1MM Logger 7.11.0