[3830] SS SSB NI1N SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 18 22:23:32 EST 2007

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NI1N
Operator(s): NI1N
Station: NI1N

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA

   80: 1076

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Still just one radio, which really makes Sunday a grind.  Through Sunday
afternoon I thought I was set up to beat last year's score by 200 QSOs.  But,
the bands tanked and that was the end of that!

The rate working east coast stations on the low 40m dipole Sunday afternoon was
about double the rate of working west coast in the slugfest on 20.  I just can't
seem to get respect on 20.  On the other hand, I feel like an 800 pound gorilla
on 80.  It was surprisingly easy to hold 3803 for 9 hours Saturday night.  I
guess the extra bandwidth really helps spread things out.