[3830] SS SSB K6YT(W0YK) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 18 22:30:14 EST 2007

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6YT
Operator(s): W0YK
Station: W0YK

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SCV

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This QTH continues to be challenging until the solar cycle comes back up.  I
consistenly got beat out by the all the locals in any pileup.  20 meter time
got squeezed between 15 and 40 openings, hence the discrepancy.

Dual K3s made this evebt markedly more bearable than previous years.  The
1.8kHz filters are wonderful.  The quality is so good they could be even
narrower.  Intelligibility is exceptional.  The reduced operator fatigue when
using this radio is impressive.  I might even do it again next year, but only
with these radios.

The integrated 8-band TX equalizer is very handy for shaping any microphone to
whatever response works best with one's voice.  I used a Heil HC4 element but
rolled off the low end even more and added a bit of boost in the high bands to
complement my voice.  Really sweet.

Thanks for the QSOs and the courtesy I found throughout the weekend among
participants.

73,
Ed - W0YK