[3830] SS SSB K7XC SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 19 02:20:13 EST 2007

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: DM09nm

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Lost the ALPHA 78 on 3rd Q of the contest. Spent first 6 1/2 hours repairing the
amplifier, including driving 120 miles roundtrip to work for needed parts and
supplies. Once repaired, the 78 was like a rock. Had my TS930SAT (PIEXX) all
set to go with full computer control but could not find a mic in my junkbox
that would drive it. Switched to my trusty IC-746 with good results. Loaded
N1MM Logger 2 days before the contest. What an amazing evolution is contesting
software! Thank You N1MM!! All of this while fighting a awful case of Sinusitus
(Huge Headaches) which makes wearing headphones very painful and something I did
not do. My goal was 500 Q's of which I can very close to. Getting a sweep here
in SSB as well as CW earlier, was pure joy! Last section (SB) was found late
Sunday on 40M giving out very low serial numbers. As like CW, 80M was king! I
heard and worked the entire NA continent very well there. Anyways, time to get
to bed... 73s and KB!!