[3830] SS SSB K4LY Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 19 08:48:40 EST 2007

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K4LY
Operator(s): K4LY
Station: K4LY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC

Club: Carolina DX Assn

Comments:

Surprised how well the Hygain Hytower worked on 80 and 40 (I felt loud!) and how
mediocre it was on 20 and 15.  In Colorado, the Hytower was in the clear on a
hilltop and worked well on all bands.  Here, it's on the east side of a hill
with a lot of trees nearby and the house 50' to the north, but works well on
the low bands now that I have 30 radials down for 80M.  By next year, I should
have the TH7 up.  Thanks for all the Q's.  Low lights:  My JRC JST-245
(normally 150 watts) dropped power to 50 watts for a couple of hours Sunday
afternoon.  I read the manual thinking there must be a function + button I
mistakenly pushed, but no.  Finally, I turned it off for a while, and it came
back on at 150 watts.   I should have programmed my computer for the exchange
because my voice was giving out Sunday afternoon and evening.    High lights:
working 3 YLs in a row, being the 80th section for one OM, getting to chat with
old friends.
CU in the 160M test.
Doug K4LY  Inman SC  ex-W0AH