[3830] SS SSB WB2ZAB SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 19 09:52:30 EST 2007

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WB2ZAB
Operator(s): WB2ZAB
Station: WB2ZAB

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MD

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to WX3B for pushing me to put up an 80M dipole. Even though it was only
25 feet off the ground at the center, it played really well. It was the first
time I have ever operated on this band never having had the room to put antenna
prior to this.

40 was very strong and my 402-cd is great out to the west coast.

I was finally feeling comfortable running on 20 during prime time. The Steppir
played really well out to 6 and 7 land and I had a serious pile up going when
my neighbor called to tell me the RFI problem I and WX3B and N3KS thought we
had solved was still a problem and I had to QSY to 80.

I was hoping to break 1000 but if anything the contest made clear how much more
I need to practice running and logging. And I owe WX3B dinner!

 W6OAT said he had never heard so many MDC stations. Good work all!