[3830] SS SSB NN3W(@N4RV) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 19 10:02:55 EST 2007

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: N4RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First, thanks to N4RV for doing a lot of work to get the station ready.  The
place was a copper farm with wires everywhere.  The station really played.  Too
bad I had to leave early.

Got called by my wife (twice) around 0300z with contagious laringytis and if I
didn't the kids to get it and ruin out trip to the Outer Banks, I had better
get home.  @%&@)(%&(*@!!!  So, I had to pull the plug at my arranged nap time.

Condx were great at first on 20 and I was running like mad.  Decided to join
the herd, skip 40 meters and go right to 80.  Hello?!!?  WTF!  My first QSO was
with a guy in Louisiana.  That was around 6:00 p.m.  Not. Good.  Things only got
worse when I found I was working KP4s, W0s in Colorado, 4 stations in North
Dakota, and lots of STX.  Ugh.  Tried 40 and I felt like 40 was about as
productive as 10 meters is.  The skip finally shortened around 0300z and 80
became a zoo with activity.

Hopefully next year I can ensure 24 hours in the cahir.  Either that or a nanny
is getting hired......