[3830] SS SSB VY2LI Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 19 20:15:43 EST 2007

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VY2LI
Operator(s): VY2LI
Station: VY2LI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PEI

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Never intended to operate in this one, but found myself home alone and what the
heck.Got a late start and took many long breaks but for the most part, condx
were not bad.Knew VY2ZM was a beacon at the other end of the Island so maybe I
should have gone LP.Just kidding!! At my age life is too short for QRP, to
steal a phrase.Missed AK,NT,AB,QC and ME for heavens sake.One of these years
would like to put in a full effort.Thought a sweep might be conceivable by mid
Sunday, but,alas,it was not to be.

Have to comment on signal from KH7X.20 over on my 40m wires.Wow! I thought he
must have been operating portable on the lower 39th.Thanks for all the
calls,had a couple of good runs but as others have commented,it was a jungle on
20.Pretty well had to shoehorn your way onto a frequency.Hope we got into your
log.73,Bill