[3830] SS SSB N4OX Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 20 12:46:40 EST 2007

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N4OX
Operator(s): N4OX
Station: N4OX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FLORIDA

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Two years ago, I made 1827 Qs and would have placed in the top ten for the first
time ever, but I didn't send in my log. The last two years I haven't been able
to duplicate that effort. I have a great deal of respect for the guys who make
the top ten year after year. I had problems setting up this year and didn't get
everything going until 20 minutes before the contest started. I could only rent
a 45 foot lift and decided to put up two sections of tower to get the new 20
meter yagi up higher with the Cushcraft 40 meter yagi 10 feet above it. This
setup was a  lot more difficult to install than the typical set up of one
antenna and a single section of tower in the basket of the lift. I also stayed
on 20 meters too long trying to make it play like it usually does from here. It
looks like I should have gone to 80 meters much earlier.

The high point of the contest was working the guys at KT0R and paying tribute
to Dave, KT0R.

See ya'll next year.

73, Jay N4OX