[3830] SS SSB N4UK Single Op LP

KEN RAMIREZ, N4UK n4uk at comcast.net
Tue Nov 20 21:52:32 EST 2007

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N4UK
Operator(s): N4UK
Station: N4UK

Class: SO LP
QTH: Parker,Colorado

Comments- Power = 100-150watts. Antennas = A  Hamstick 7' mobile whip on the roof for each band on 15, 20 and 40 meters. A low dipole on 40m. Wish I had something for 75M. Nice to play around in a contest after nearly 4 years of inactivity. Went to 15m to see if anything was going on and heard VY1EI CQing and all alone. What a surprise! Other than that the band was dead all weekend. Missed Quebec for the sweep! My logger experienced a "fatal error" with two hours to go and would not restore. Hardest contact was K5TA on 40m for the only NM worked. Just too close for 40m.... Great to hear and say hello to all my old PVRC and SECC friends.