[3830] CQWW CW K0TV M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 25 19:37:43 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0TV
Operator(s): K1BG, K1HI, K1WD, K2TE, NE1B, W1MJ, WA1LY, K0TV
Station: K0TV

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: New Hampshire

  160:   85    14       46
   80:  376    27      102
   40:  642    30      126
   20: 1259    31      129
   15:  370    22       98
   10:   32     9       14

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This year we had a different kind of Murphy than last year. Two of the rotators
had indicator problems but we knew about them and how to deal with them at the
beginning of the contest. The only problem was that we had to go see which way
the antennas were pointing. We could turn them but that took a trip outside to
look which way they were pointing.

The repaired 40 meter beam worked fabulously. That band was up from last year
by a bunch. We had more countries and contacts on 40 than on 15. The upswing of
the solar cycle will turn that around.

Overall our score was just a little higher than last year. We all had fun
watching the scores on http://www.getscores.org Gerry’s web site is now
working very well.

This year’s MVP for this contest goes to K1BG for overall effort and the top
QSO count. Bruce was truly an asset to the team in all regards. Honorable
mention goes to K1WD for two solid overnight efforts and to K1HI for a killer
run Saturday morning despite a tight schedule. As always K2TE did a bang up job
on 40 and 80 both evenings.

Once again we all had a blast and can’t wait for next year’s contest.

Best 73,

Jerry, K0TV