[3830] CQWW CW KC5R SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 25 20:07:54 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KC5R
Operator(s): KC5R
Station: KC5R

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: LA

  160:    2     2        1
   80:   54    17       32
   40:  140    26       74
   20:  230    23       86
   15:  103    21       60
   10:   16     8       10

I had nasal surgery this past week which turned into an emergency room visit on
Thanksgiving, which meant I wasn't allowed to do any lifting until next week.
So without any chores, half a voice and a 3 hour sitting rule, I was free to
operate CW and try to build up my 80 mtr DXCC (the only major band I do not
have it on). Outside of about 25 QSOs, all were pounced.

Unfortunately, some rain systems here made 80 noisy on Saturday, so I'm glad I
concentrated on it on Friday night. Worked V51AS on 80, plus a bunch of Europe!
160 was a bust here - managed to get a few zone credits. 40 was the multiplier
band, as I got more mults per QSO than the other bands. Even heard B4B at S9,
but couldn't work that elusive China. 20 was great on Sunday afternoon, and it
pretty much was where QSOs were plentiful. It as also the pile-up band, and it
was hit or miss depending upon the location - I managed to break a few, but on
several I just walked away. 15 was surprisingly open to Europe in the morning,
and to the south pacific in the afternoon (although no JA). Found S79UU with no
waiting! There was even some short skip on 15 on Sunday, as W4/W1 were 20 over.
10 meters was much worse than in SSB weekend, with zones 4-13 showing up for a
short time.

Had fun - always a hoot to break a pile-up with 100 watts, or work something on
a new band. Thanks for the QSOs. -Al

IC-756 PRO
X7 at 23 mtrs (20-15-10)
D4 at 25 mtrs  (40-20-15-10)