[3830] CQWW CW N0HR SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 25 21:03:54 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N0HR
Operator(s): N0HR
Station: N0HR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IA

  160:   16     6        3
   80:   24    10        9
   40:   88    23       58
   20:  120    20       64
   15:   65    14       40
   10:    3     3        3

A contest of firsts here:
First real test of new antennas/tower...
4 Ele SteppIR @ 72'  (10 thru 20)
Cushcraft XM240 @ 82' (40m)
Sloper (80m / 160m)... admittedly can't expect too much on the lowbands.

Summer tower project pics and blog here:
http://www.n0hr.com/hamradio_blog/

First real effort for me using N1MM in a CW contest. Still getting used to a
few things.

Didn't expect to set the world on fire and couldn't put in a full effort, but
was able to get in about 30 hrs.  Only one rig (Icom 746) which can be a bit
tricky to use when the bands are packed. Worked a lot more CW DX this weekend
than I ever have from my QTH - so that was fun.

Head cold slowed me a bit... but I've been looking forward to this one for a
long time so there wasn't any way I was going to throw in the towel. Glad I
didn't, because I had a blast!

Thanks to those with some great ears for pulling me out, especially on 80 and
160.