[3830] CQWW CW N6RV SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 25 21:19:01 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N6RV
Operator(s): N6RV, CAT
Station: N6RV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Los Angeles

  160:   24    10        9
   80:   41    13       18
   40:  102    19       43
   20:  284    26       72
   15:  103    21       46
   10:   16     8       10

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Fantastic! I stumbled on to a pile up on 160. I gave one call. The station had
everybody QRX and called me! It was 3X5A. Those guys are the best listeners I
ever ran into! They were everywhere almost as much as HC8N! Kudos! I did not
have much on the low bands (an 80M loop Apex at 50 feet (used it on 40) and I
shunt fed the tower on 160). I think I like the bottom of the sunspot cycle
better than the top. You really have to move around a lot to keep the rate up.
I was running only 100 watts. It still generated a run on 20 and 15. In spite
of the poor antenna on 40 I heard LP EU but could not get their attention. 160
was the best I have ever heard it. Everybody listened attentively and I made
more Qs than ever before. I do not have the "legs" for the full 48 hours.
Everything starts swelling up. I slept 3 times, 3 hours each time. I forgot to
pick up the mults on 10M. Thanks Glenn, K6NA for moving up to 10 for zones 3.
Also I heard K0RF at the end of the contest but could not get his attention for
zone 4. I missed 4 5 & 6. Next year I will tie a string on my finger.