[3830] CQWW CW K5GA(@K5NZ) SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 25 22:57:30 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K5GA
Operator(s): K5GA
Station: K5NZ

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: TX

   20:  942    35      131

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Finally got a chance to operate CQWW after being away for awhile.

Weather was terrible in Texas, and I had rain static from 1200Z to 2200Z on
Saturday. I had to use the beverages in order to hear anything the entire 10
hours, and it was brutal.

Only mults I missed that I heard were 9V1 and XW1, both very weak.

I had planned on leaving at 2100Z Sunday due to family obligations, and with 30
minutes left, I told Mike the only zone I needed that was workable was zone 40.
So I turned the yagi northeast and started CQing. Within 10 minutes, TF4M
called. After logging it, I turned everything off and went home.

Thanks to Mike and Susan for taking care of me. The traditional pre-contest
motorcycle trail ride through the woods was frigid but as always, fun and
relaxing.

Rig:  FT-1000MP Mark V  &  Ten Tec  Titan 425

Antenna:  5 el at 85 ft.  &  3 el at 60 ft.