[3830] CQWW CW VE9DX SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 26 08:23:37 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE9DX
Operator(s): VE9DX
Station: VE9DX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NB

  160:  339    10       32
   80:  400    17       69
   40:  210    20       66
   20:  783    21       96
   15:   94    16       54
   10:   10     3        3

Now that was fun...  Condx were not great but did manage some pretty good rates
though considering.
It was very evident any time I was spotted.  Rate meter would go crazy for a
bit each time.
As I get older, I get less and less serious about score.  If I work a mult -
fine, if not thats OK also.  Just enjoy handing out points, quick hello's to
old friends etc.
This contest is a real challange in itself considering my low low power (30
watts), simple antenna's -
160 using a Cushcraft MA-160v with 15 radials none over 15 feet long.
80 a low dipole up 25 feet.
40 - 10 using a HFV9 Butternut vertical.
Couple of band comments...
40 meters was not great at the best of times... by Sunday afternoon I only had
77 contacts in the log.  Lots of regulars missing - No G, OH, RA1-6 SM etc.
Normally very simple.  Band was almost dead by 19:00 local time.
15 and 10 - my total q's says it all.
Missing -I did not work or for that matter even hear any zone
1,17,18,19,23,25.
To all that called many many thanks. Although not rare, I hope my points
helped.  To those that spotted - your spots brought results... Thanks.
This is my 42nd year operating CQWW.
Again many thanks all.  73 Andy (VE9DX)