[3830] CQWW CW K4LY SOSB(A)/80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 26 09:35:04 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K4LY
Operator(s): K4LY
Station: K4LY

Class: SOSB(A)/80 HP
QTH: SC

  160:   14     8       13
   80:  109    21       69

Club: Carolina DX Assn

Comments:

My 90 year old mother-in-law was visiting from northern NY, so I could only
sneak away for a few hours.  My only goal was to complete seasonal DXCC (the
Low Band Monitor challenge) on 80M which I did early Friday night (and I added
11 more by contest end).  Running 1 KW to Hygain Hytower with thirty 50' 80M
radials and ten 160M 100' radials snaked around where they will fit on my small
yard. Heard a number of Colorado friends (what a great score by the gang at
K0RF!) and kudos to AA4V and AA4S and others in the Carolina DX Assn who were
big gun models of civility in the pileups.  I'm already looking forward to next
year's CQWWs. See you in the 160M bash!
Doug K4LY Inman (upstate) SC