[3830] CQWW CW OZ7BQ SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 26 11:55:55 EST 2007

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OZ7BQ
Operator(s): OZ7BQ
Station: OZ7BQ

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Hørsholm, Denmark
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   44     3       23
   80:  189     9       49
   40:  116     8       45
   20:  175    15       41
   15:   32     7       22
   10:    4     2        3

Club: Danish DX Group

Comments:

Running QRP with Elecraft K2 and simple antennas. A dipole for 20 meters and up
and an 8 meters long vertical for 40 meters and down. The vertical was
top-loaded to 160 meters and performed quite well.
I was quite surprised to find 10 meters open shortly on sunday morning to South
EU and briefly even to South Africa.
80 meters was surprisingly good from here. 40 meters appeared not to perform as
well as I expected.
As usual I am surprised how well you can do with QRP (lots of good ears out
there) and how little some of the QRO stations seems to hear.